Login or Join

Sign In or Join

Review Detail

5.0 1 0.5
Attractions
Biltmore House - A Home Away From Home
(Updated: October 25, 2021)
Rating

Biltmore House is definitely high up on my list of architectural must-sees in the United States. At 135,000 square feet it is huge and, although privately owned, it is a national treasure. There is nothing else like it in the country.

I've been fortunate to visit Biltmore House several times -- first back in the 1960s. I've made a point of stopping in if I'm anywhere near Asheville, North Carolina. Each time, one can see that the experience has been expanded with the addition of new features to make your stay enjoyable including restaurants, lodging, and their own winery. They are doing everything possible to keep the estate self-sustaining.

Visiting Biltmore House is not cheap. Their website indicates that children age 16 and under are free when accompanied by a paying adult. I've visited at the off-season when the prices are lower. If you have any interest at all in the top architectural attractions of the USA and seeing the country's largest home, Biltmore House is definitely worth a visit.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0