Login or Join

Sign In or Join

Review Detail

5.0 1 0.5
Attractions
Dealey Plaza - Stand on the Grassy Knoll & See Firsthand
(Updated: October 25, 2021)
Rating

Ask almost anyone of my generation and they can tell you exactly where they were when they first heard about the shooting of President John F. Kennedy. I've been through Dallas a number of times over the years but finally had the opportunity to visit Dealey Plaza and see first hand what so many of us have witnessed via the infamous newsreels over the years.

We parked in the parking lot behind the grassy knoll. This parking lot is also for visitors to The Sixth Floor Museum next door from where Lee Harvey Oswald is alleged to have made the 3 shots. Standing on the grassy knoll, I felt that the area is much smaller than it appears in film footage. From the concrete structure on the knoll, one could easily toss a baseball underhand at the president's passing motorcade. It is that close. As a macabre note, there is an "X" mark on the street indicating where the fatal shot hit the president.

We didn't have time to visit The Sixth Floor Museum. But should the opportunity arise again to pass through Dallas, we will definitely check that out and visit Dealey Plaza again.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0