Skip to main content

Login or Join

Sign In or Join

Review Detail

4.0 1 0.5
Nice Restaurant/Pub in Dardenne Prairie
(Updated: October 25, 2021)
Rating

Town Square Pub N Grub is located in the Dardenne Town Square mall near where Highway N crosses I-64 close by Lake St. Louis. The pub has 2 sides: the front side is a bar plus tables and chairs. The back side is a restaurant. There is also an outdoor patio. The venue is located on the corner of a building and so it has a lot of natural lighting on 2 sides.

On the Friday evening of our visit, we sat on the restaurant side where there were flat screen TVs showing a St. Louis Cardinals baseball game. The TVs were muted and there was some fairly loud, at least for my taste, rock and roll playing that was what I would call "bar music." Most of the customers on the restaurant side were families. When we left, there were about 6 or more people smoking just outside of the front door as it appears the pub is non-smoking inside. Too bad we had to run a gauntlet of smoke to leave.

Although Town Square Pub N Grub is a casual setting, the restaurant uses good quality, solid materials such as hardwood (stained oak?) tables with cast iron legs. There is a lot of dark stained wood around. The uni-sex restroom was very new and had nicely tiled walls.

The food at Town Square Pub N Grub is your basic pub food. We found tastes to be good as were food portions. We had to box up leftovers.

Our server was very efficient and courteous. Even though the restaurant was very busy, she seemed to sense whenever we needed this or that and we never had to ask for anything. We enjoyed our dinner and plan to return. Hopefully, we'll get a chance to try out the patio and perhaps the bar. Town Square Pub N Grub is a good addition to the area.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0