Login or Join

Sign In or Join

Review Detail

4.0 1 0.5
Bars & Pubs
Nicest Riverfront Facility in Saint Charles County
(Updated: October 25, 2021)
Rating

Sundowners at The Yacht Club of Saint Louis is the most upscale riverside bar/restaurant that I know of in the area. It is located in a modern, colonial-style building which I would describe as akin to a neighborhood community club house. It is not a classy place per se, but it is in the 3-star category with decent restrooms which puts it way above the typical St. Charles County marina.

I might add that the covered docks at The Yacht Club of Saint Louis seem to cover more area than any other marina I've seen in the county. But it was just past sundown on a Friday evening when we arrived at Sundowners so I couldn't see the marina facilities very well.

There was not much happening at Sundowners at the time of our visit. We were told that is was quiet because a big night was planned for the following evening. But we were looking for quiet and so enjoyed sitting outside on their nice patio directly next to the Mississippi River.

The clubhouse has a small pavilion near the river with a bar that was "unmanned" this evening plus a swimming pool and a sand volleyball court. We had the entire outdoors patio to ourselves except for two watercraft that docked at the courtesy dock below us on the riverfront. I might add that this is a very quiet neck of the river. I could not see any lights at all upstream and just a few lights further downstream on the Missouri side of the river.

We couldn't stay long because we had other plans for the evening. But I did enjoy the facility and plan to return to check out Sundowner's casual restaurant/bar in the future.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0