Skip to main content

Login or Join

Sign In or Join

Review Detail

5.0 1 0.5
Very Nice, Upscale Irish Pub on K
(Updated: October 25, 2021)
Rating

Two Shamrocks Public House is a very nice Irish Pub with an upscale decor which just opened up some weeks ago close to the YMCA. I liked just about everything regarding the pub from their decor to the service. It is one of the few upscale looking venues in O'Fallon.

To start with, Two Shamrocks Public House's decor is done up in dark woods and earth tones. It has both wood and tile flooring, a semi-private room, and quality furnishings. The bar counter seats about 12 customers. I saw at least five flat screen TVs showing a Cardinals baseball game. There is no jukebox so the carefully controlled music was a somewhat eclectic mix of soft rock tunes and never too loud for conversation. Kudos!

The customers during our visit to Two Shamrocks Public House were mostly in their late twenties and up into their 50s. I saw some guy groups and some girl groups. So the pub had a wide range of customers during our Wednesday evening visit.

Since we had already eaten dinner, we just glanced over their menu which included Irish specialties plus American pub food with an Irish slant. We asked about drink specials and were told that this evening, they had $2 Bud Light drafts (plus some other A-B products) which were served in what appeared to be 14-ounce glasses. There was also a special of 1/2-off for bottles of wine. Two Shamrocks Public House has Guinness beer on draft. I also saw four other taps including Boulevard and A-B beers. Our server was excellent and checked on us often. As a note to the guys, all of the servers were female.

The restroom I visited was very clean and candlelit. I happened to see that it was cleaned, or refreshed, at least once during our visit. I might add that those employees not waiting on customers were often cleaning around the pub. I never saw a bit of trash or dirt.

The management of Two Shamrocks Public House is obviously making sure that they have a very clean establishment and have succeeded in my opinion. This is one of the cleanest pubs I've seen anywhere. We look forward to visiting again.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0