Skip to main content

Review Detail

4.0 1 0.5
Featured
Bars & Pubs
Nice Throwback to the Past
(Updated: October 25, 2021)
Rating

Stovall's Grove is located out west of Saint Louis County on the old Route 66 (State Highway 100). It's just about 5 minutes west of the junction of Highway 100 and Highway 109. This area is either Pacific, Missouri (per my GPS) or the far reaches of Wildwood (per their postal address).

While the building has a Historical Registry plaque showing the year 1860, what I first noticed when looking over the venue from the bar is how neat everything looked. There was no clutter anywhere. Everything looked neatly in place. The bar itself dates back to 1935. The restrooms where country-style but with modern toilets and lavatories.

Although there were some people in their 30's, most of the clientele seemed to be 60 or above and dressed in Western attire. But these were very active people who can really shake a leg on the dance floor.

We visited on a Saturday Night when there was a live band and a $5 cover charge. On tap, there was only one A-B beer (Bud Light?) but they had more than a dozen types of bottled beers. They do not serve any food here except bags of potato chips so this is really a tavern. They do however, at times, have BBQs (outside?) per their website calendar.

The only thing that I didn't like is that no drink prices were posted even though they were using a modern point-of-sale computerized bar tab system.

For 2 Blue Moon bottles of beer and 3-4 cola refills, the price came to $14.xx. My feeling is that soft drink refills may not have been free since one bar tender asked for the name on my tab when refilling my drink.

We are non-smokers and there were some people smoking but not too many it seemed. We enjoyed our visit here and hope to return.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0