Skip to main content

Review Detail

4.5 1 0.5
Bed & Breakfasts
Iron Horse Inn - a Great Place to Stay in Downtown Hermann
(Updated: May 21, 2012)
Rating

I really enjoyed my stay at the Iron Horse Inn. The innkeeper was extremely kind and provided us with lots of maps, brochures, and important information about Hermann. She took the time to sit down with us, answer questions, and explain anything that might be useful. This proved very helpful when deciding how to spend our time.

The house itself is very well-maintained. It has a sense of history with some period decorations, but is also recently renovated, so everything is feels very fresh. The innkeeper showed us the master suite because it was vacant at the moment. That was a very impressive room. We stayed in the Sun Room on the second floor. I really liked this room. It had its own private balcony which gave us a great place to sit outside and enjoy coffee in the morning and drinks in the evening. It also gave an interesting view into the backyards of some of the houses in Hermann. As a tourist, you usually only see things from street-level and never anything from the back, so it was neat.

Our room was perfectly clean and was just the perfect amount of room for the two of us. The Sun Room is a little odd, because the bathroom is only separated from the bedroom by a small half-wall, but we were kind of excited about being put into such a unique situation. This room also has a very large two-person shower, which is not offered in many other places, especially your typical B&B. The Iron Horse Inn is located on 4th Street, so we really enjoyed the convenience of the location. We could easily walk to restaurants, bars, and stores and this was a huge bonus.

The Iron Horse Inn is a great place to stay in Hermann, especially if you want to stay in the downtown area. I definitely recommend this place to anyone. I can't speak for the other rooms, but the Sun Room is a great place to stay if you want to have a unique experience. It will definitely bring you and your companion closer together.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0