Login or Join

Sign In or Join

Review Detail

4.0 1 0.5
Parks, Beaches, Nature Preserves
Wish there was more to see
(Updated: October 25, 2021)
Rating

I had driven by Compton Hill Reservoir Park on South Grand many times over the years. I was wondering if one could see into the reservoir and what else there might be. Unfortunately, there looks like there isn't access to the park on S. Grand and that is where most of the park's structures such as the tower are located. So we parked on Russell Blvd. which is a residential street on the south side of the park. There are a few tennis courts there and a stairway which leads up to the reservoir. However, there is nothing to see except tall walls there.

It was getting late in the day so we could not see the main structures of Compton Hill Reservoir Park on S. Grand Blvd. We briefly saw a sign indicating that the tower was open during certain times of the year. We'll have to come back for a re-visit. I would love to hear more from anyone who has climbed the tower at Compton Hill Reservoir Park.

The map view of this listing to the satellite view and can see that enclosed within the walls are two large, sealed circular tanks that must hold the water. The walls seem to be there mostly to block access to the facility and possibly to contain any leakage as there looks to be a floodgate on one side. Interesting.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0