Login or Join

Sign In or Join

Review Detail

3.7 3 0.5
Restaurants
Sushi Ai - Sushi "On the Cheap" in O'Fallon
(Updated: October 25, 2021)
Rating

Sushi Ai is located in the same shopping complex as Dierbergs at the intersection of Highway K & Highway N in O'Fallon. The restaurant looks like it can handle about 70 customers in an assortment of booths, tables, sushi bar, and two Japanese-style booths tucked away near the restrooms.

I had heard of Sushi Ai which is known for their a la carte All-You-Can eat sushi lunches and dinners. We tried the All-You-Can eat dinner selection.

Besides nigiri sushi and rolls, Sushi Ai also has some warm dishes one could include such as shumai, gyoza, yakitori, miso soup, vegetable tempura, and more. You can order some of these warm dishes which arrive quickly while the sushi is still being prepared.

Like many all-you-can eat sushi shops, the fish slices tended to be somewhat thin. I also found the taste of most every thing to be somewhat "different." In fact, everything we ate was not up to the standards one would expect even at a cheap sushi restaurant in Japan. However, for the price, one can stuff oneself to one's heart content at Sushi Ai. Its the old trade off of quality vs. quantity.

As for service, our server was very considerate and prompt with drink refills. I was surprised how efficient they were with such a small staff.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0