Skip to main content

Review Detail

4.0 2 0.5
Korean Food and Karaoke Rooms at Joo Joo! Kitchen Open Late!
Rating

This was my first visit to Joo Joo. From the entrance, it is hard to see what the restaurant looks like on the inside, but it is definitely worth checking out. The decor is simple and everything looks very new. The restaurant has both regular table seating and grilling tables as well. The menu is very large, has many pictures, and each item has its name in Korean, a phonetic pronunciation, and an English description. It is definitely one of the better menus that I have come across; it takes away some of the intimidation that can occur when trying out new foods that you know nothing about.

I had the Seafood Soon Tofu and Duk Bok Ki appetizer. Both were really good. Fairly spicy, but didn't cover up the flavor of the dishes. I also tried the Bulgolgi as well, and it was tasty, but not the best. The entrees range in price from around $8.99 to $13.99, but there are other sets that are more expensive for food that you cook at your table. The portions are pretty large; I had to take home leftovers.

What is extremely exciting about Joo Joo is that they also offer karaoke rooms! There are very few places to do this in Saint Louis, and as far as I've seen, this one is the cheapest: $35/hr for a room with up to 7? people (their menu says 8), or a large room for up to 20 people at $60/hr.

The final reason to get excited about Joo Joo is: they are open really late everyday (except Tuesday when they are closed). Food, full bar, and karaoke are all available. Next time I get hungry late at night, I will be going here!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0