Skip to main content

Review Detail

4.3 2 0.5
A Favorite Bar in St. Louis
Rating

The Royale is one of my favorite bars in Saint Louis. It's not very large inside; the interior is all one room, but it has a really cozy feel to it. They have a pretty large drink menu and the specialty cocktails are delicious. If you are up for a sugary, somewhat girly drink, I suggest the Boz. You do sound a little dumb ordering it, but its worth it- you get a really sweet but decently strong drink.

The Royale is a restaurant during the day, and I have heard that the brunch there is "legendary". I, however, have only been there at night when it is strictly a bar, so that is all I know. There is usually a DJ playing something, but sometimes there is just whatever the house plays. With the exception of the one time that I went that seemed to be Irish fight-music night, I have liked a lot of the music played. The bartenders are all really friendly and mix fair drinks. The atmosphere is generally laid-back and casual, but fun.

One of my favorite parts of The Royale is the outdoor area. It is a large space that features lots of seating, a pond, and a bonfire and heating stands during the colder months. It is not covered, with the exception of a small area, so definitely take advantage of it on a nice day.

The Royale is wonderful. It is a great neighborhood bar that has lots of appeal. If you want a nice night out with good company, this is the place to go.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0