Login or Join

Sign In or Join

Review Detail

5.0 1 0.5
Restaurants
Awesome East Village Ramen Shop
(Updated: July 23, 2022)
Rating

Momofuku Noodle Bar, part of the widely-popular Momofuku chain of restaurants, is David Chang's pork haven and ramen shop in the East Village. Truly an example of some of the food *magic* wholly native to New York City-- where else is a $16 bowl of ramen actually worth its cost? The noodles are fresh and perfectly prepared every time. Pork is truly is standout star on the menu, but Vegetarians don't be shy- the Ginger Scallion Noodles are absolutely amazing. I do recommend exploring the sides and other options on the menu, too. The menu changes pretty frequently; I had a really great roasted beet plate one visit. I always get a side of kimchee to snack on and spice up my noodles.

Because of the astronomical popularity of all of David Chang's outposts, expect a wait. They don't take reservations, but because all of their seating is either at a large, communal counter or a few large tables they get you seated in a reasonable time. When it really comes down to it, it's Manhattan, most good restaurants are crowded and packed but it's usually worthwhile to make the commitment and wait at the ones, like Momofuku Noodle, that consistently draw a full house- they're doing something right.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0