Skip to main content

Login or Join

Sign In or Join

Review Detail

3.0 1 0.5
Nice Facility, Not So Nice Service + Food
(Updated: October 25, 2021)
Rating

The Cherry Street Grill & Pub is located on one of the corners where Cherry Street intersects with S. Lincoln in Troy, Missouri. They have their own small building which is nice and modern as it was opened in 2009.

The Cherry Street Grill & Pub is divided into two public areas including a small bar with 2 flat screen TVs and several booths. That area was designated for smoking customers. The main restaurant side is mostly booths and non-smoking. The interior had a very high ceiling and the walls were perhaps a burgundy red while the booths and wood trim were black. The restrooms had modern features with a gray tiling.

There is also an outdoor patio area with tables and chairs. We noticed a neat see-through fireplace on one wall which serves indoor customers as well as the outdoor customers for cooler times of the year. Overall, the Cherry Street Grill & Pub is a pretty nice little facility. Unfortunately, not so was the service and food.

We visited the Cherry Street Grill & Pub on a weekday evening. The restaurant was perhaps 60% full. There were 3 waitresses and yet service was very slow. I ordered a Rueben Sandwich with French Fries. It took almost exactly 1/2 hour from the time we ordered until we were served. In the meantime, I saw customers from 2 separate tables just give up and leave before ordering.

We also saw previously used tables sit more than 15 minutes before they were cleaned up. We didn't see any bus boys so the waitresses were also busing the tables. I don't know what kept the servers busy as they weren't spending a lot of time in the restaurant area (Perhaps the kitchen was also short staffed and they were helping out back there?).

We were expecting a nice experience at the Cherry Street Grill & Pub. However, the food was only “so-so” and the service during our visit was sub-par, to say the least. We won't be back.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0