Sign In or Join

Review Detail

3.5 1 0.5
Los Portales
Restaurants
Enjoyed the music but the food was so-so
(Updated: October 25, 2021)
Rating

I just recently heard of Los Portales so we gave them a visit. Essentially, the restaurant occupies what used to be a gas station/mini-mart type of building. It is sort of nice to have the covered area where the gas pumps used to be acting like a garage. Outside, Los Portales also has a fenced in patio area with lights that they use in the warmer seasons of the year.

Inside, there is a bar that seats about 8 or more people. We saw some Margaritas ordered by a neighboring table and the glasses seemed to be pretty large.

Most of the restaurant furniture along the front window where we sat seemed to be old and looked like it had been recycled from a fast-food restaurant. I didn't find the establishment to be as clean as I would have preferred. However, we did enjoy hearing the lively Mexican music during our meal.

The food at Los Portales did not stand out taste-wise but portions were generous. I simply didn't taste much in the the way of spices. I also didn't get a refill of my iced tea until my meal was already over. We then had to wait more than 10 minutes after that to get the check even though our server had already brought a take-home box for my spouse's meal.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0