Skip to main content

Review Detail

4.0 1 0.5
Biker Bar + Restaurant
(Updated: October 25, 2021)
Rating

Over the years, I've passed by Shirley's Restaurant & Bar quite a few times. It is located on Missouri Highway 94 just a mile or two north of the I-370 bridge. We pass by Shirley's when going up to the Mississippi River here in St. Charles County. On the weekends, the parking lot can be crowded with a lot of motorcycles. We happened by late on a Sunday afternoon when the parking lot was somewhat empty and stopped in.

As expected, Shirley's is essentially a dive bar as the restrooms attest. However, a customer strongly recommended the food. We tried a Fried Chicken plate daily special for $8 which was quite good and included fries and another side. We opted for coleslaw which my spouse liked. We split the meal as the amount of chicken was quite a lot. Shirley's also does carryout.

Unfortunately, they do not post beer prices. A bottle of Bud Select was $2.75. I'm guessing that other beers may have been less pricey. But they only charged me $1.25 for my cola.

This area of the county is NOT non-smoking so Shirley's was quite smokey for we non-smokers. By the way, I noticed that they did have 3 picnic tables outside which I assume are used during warm weather. They also posted that Shirley's is a "cash bar only."
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0