Skip to main content

Review Detail

4.0 1 0.5
Trails, Trailheads
Bootlegger's Run Trail - Excellent
Rating

I've walked around Creve Coeur Lake quite a few times on its paved trail which I've always enjoyed. However, today, I did my first hike called Bootlegger's Run on the upper area of the park.

This is a natural earthen trail that is firmly packed due to high usage. I did the loop going counter-clockwise. I only ran into one group of walkers but many bikers passed me going the opposite direction.

This loop basically goes around the outside of the crown of the hill forming the developed areas of the upper park. You often come upon access points where you can bail out if you wished to end your hike. But most of the trail is fairly isolated and natural. I did see several groups of deer during my 2 hour walk.

Since it is getting late in the month of September, one can see some leaves have fallen from the trees. I imagine the trail must be even more beautiful in the autumn with the changing leaves and probably more views of Creve Coeur Lake which currently is pretty shielded from one's view.

The trail is laid out so that there are not a lot of elevation changes. I really enjoyed my hike today in 60s degree weather and look forward to returning. For a suburban area, the upper level of Creve Coeur Lake Park makes for a very nice nature hike.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0