Skip to main content

Review Detail

5.0 1 0.5
Lakes, Rivers, Waterways
Beautiful crystal clear waters + a sand bottom
(Updated: October 24, 2021)
Rating

I really love Crystal Lake, Michigan. The name is apt. The waters of Crystal Lake are clear like a swimming pool. But when I tell people about Crystal Lake, I often describe it like swimming in the Caribbean without the salt water or the sharks. The waters are that clear, although rather cool. The lake boasts a sand bottom from thousands of years of the dune sand blowing over from nearby Lake Michigan.

Crystal Lake is a place you normally visit and rent a home for a week (or two) and relax. Nearby, there are other crystal clear lakes to explore plus Lake Michigan, itself. There are all kinds of outdoor activities including the expected water activities plus golf, horseback riding, camping, and so much more.

I've been fortunately to visit Crystal Lake several times and always want to go back. My visits have only been in the summer to get away from the midwestern heat. But the area also has a vibrant winter season for those into cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, and other winter activities.

Traverse City isn't all that far away for a large selection in restaurants. But nearby Frankfort has some interesting places to try out as well.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0